PLC LTD Limited Warranty
- Warranty Claims
This limited warranty is provided by PLC Ltd and covers defects in workmanship and materials in your product. This warranty period lasts 1 year from the date of purchase at the point of sale to you, the original end user, unless otherwise agreed in writing (the "Warranty Period"). This Limited Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners but only for the unexpired portion of the Warranty Period.
- Warranty Coverage
If a product becomes defective within the PLC Ltd limited warranty period, one of the following options, as selected by PLC Ltd, will be performed at no charge for materials or labor costs, unless this should be impossible or disproportionate. It is mandatory that customer notify PLC Ltd of the product defect within the warranty period, and provided that PLC Ltd through inspection establishes the existence of such a defect and that it is covered by this limited warranty:
- Repairing the PLC onsite,
- Repairing the PLC at PLC Ltd,
- Exchange for a Replacement Product (of equivalent value according to model and age)
Alternatively, at PLC Ltd‘s sole discretion, cash compensation equal to the PLCs residual value may be offered.
The term “disproportionate” applies in particular if the costs to PLC Ltd were deemed unreasonable according to the following criteria:
- With reference to the value the product would have without the defect
- Taking into account the significance of the defect, and
- After consideration of alternative workaround possibilities available to the customer without significant inconvenience
If PLC Ltd repairs or replaces a product, its warranty continues for the remaining portion of the original Warranty Period or 90 days from the date of the return shipment to the customer whichever is greater. All replaced products and all parts removed from repaired products become the property of PLC Ltd.
- Warranty Limitations
This Limited Warranty does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the product or cover normal wear and tear of the product or costs related to the removal, installation, or troubleshooting of the customer's electrical systems. The warranty claims that relate to defects caused by any of the following factors are not covered by the Limited Warranty:
- Improper Use or Non-compliance with installation, commissioning, operation or maintenance instructions (i.e. not according to the operation & installation manual)
- Unauthorized modifications, changes or attempted repairs,
- Vandalism, destruction through external influence and/or persons/animals
- Use in an unsuitable environment, including any environment or location that causes excessive wear and tear or dirt or dust or debris buildup within the system or that is difficult or unsafe for PLC Ltd representatives to access
- Insufficient ventilation
- Installation in a corrosive environment
- Failure to observe applicable safety standards & regulations
- Damages during transportation or storage
- Force majeure, examples include, but not limited to: fire, flood, earthquakes, storm damage, overvoltage & lightning strikes
- Any fire, water, snow, moisture, or liquid ingress
- Used as a component part of a product expressly warranted by another manufacturer
- If the original identification (trade-mark, serial number) markings have been defaced, altered, or removed
- Consumable components of any type are not covered, including but not limited to fans, fuses and filters etc.
- Cosmetic shortcoming which do not impair the use of the product for the intended purpose i.e. supply of energy
Warranty claims also exclude:
- Damages arising due to the fact that the use of the product for the intended purpose is no longer possible or only possible with restrictions as a result of amendments to the statutory provisions applicable to the operation of the product made after the delivery of the product
- Compensation for damages related to loss of power production or any expenses incurred by customer towards repair & replacement of the inverter (including but not limited to labor, transportation, temporary power)
- Cost arising from changes to existing PV systems or building installations and like
- Products purchased through 3rd party websites
- Warranty Return and Repair Process
Contact PLC Ltd Customer Service ( 425-296-2301 ) with brief description of the error to evaluate & troubleshoot the issue while PLC is in the field as many problems can be solved on site.
Alternatively, you may also be able to contact your Local Schneider Electric Customer Service Center or visit their website.
- Return Material Authorization (RMA)
After attempts to correct the problem with customer’s assistance, if the product has to be returned to PLC Ltd for repair, the customer must obtain a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and the correct factory "Ship To" address. Product shipments will be refused and returned at your expense if they are unauthorized or returned without an RMA number clearly marked on the outside of the shipping box or if they are shipped collect or if they are shipped to the wrong location.
When you contact PLC Ltd to obtain service, please have the following information and be prepared to supply:
- The serial number and product code of your product
- Information about the installation or inspection certificate
- Information about the failure and/or reason for the return
- A copy of your dated proof of purchase
PLC Ltd reserves the right to refuse exchange requests for lack of proper documentation and information.
- Once the RMA has been issued
PLC Ltd will generally ship an equivalent replacement PLC to the specified customer within 48- 72 hours. Standard ground shipping costs are covered by PLC Ltd both ways. Any expedited shipping costs will be the responsibility of the customer and billed accordingly.
An allegedly defective PLC must be returned to PLC Ltd in the same transport packaging that the replacement unit was provided in. PLC Ltd will supply all labels and documentation for the return of the defective PLC. The defective PLC must be shipped back to PLC Ltd within 10 working days after receiving the replacement PLC. If we do not receive the PLC within this timeframe, the unit cost will be billed back to the customer (including shipping and handling fees).
Visually evident damage caused by shipping or mishandling is to be reported to the freight carrier within 24 hours. Shipping damage is the responsibility of the freight carrier, not PLC Ltd, and should always be duly noted with the freight carrier prior to accepting and signing for the product
Any products that are damaged during the returned shipping process are not covered by this warranty. PLC Ltd assumes no liability for this damage.
- Invalid Warranty Claim
If the returned defective PLC to PLC Ltd pursuant to this Policy, and is found by PLC Ltd to be free of defects that would qualify it for replacement under this Policy, PLC Ltd will charge a flat-rate inspection charge for each PLC of $100, plus shipping and packaging costs.
- Out of Warranty Service
If the warranty period for your product has expired, if the unit was damaged by misuse or incorrect installation, if other conditions of the warranty have not been met, or if no dated proof of purchase is available, your unit may be serviced or replaced for a flat fee, as determined by PLC Ltd in its sole discretion.
To return your product for out of warranty service, contact PLC Ltd Customer Service for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) number and follow the other steps outlined in "Return Procedure".
Payment options such as credit card or money order will be explained by the Customer Service Representative. In cases where the minimum flat fee does not apply, as with incomplete units or units with excessive damage, an additional fee will be charged. If applicable, you will be contacted by Customer Service once your unit has been received.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY PROVIDED BY PLC Ltd IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PLC Ltd PRODUCT AND IS, WHERE PERMITTED BY LAW, IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS, GUARANTEES, REPRESENTATIONS, OBLIGATIONS AND LIABILITIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE PRODUCT, HOWEVER ARISING (WHETHER BY CONTRACT, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, PRINCIPLES OF MANUFACTURER'S LIABILITY, OPERATION OF LAW, CONDUCT, STATEMENT OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING WITHOUT RESTRICTION ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW TO APPLY TO THE PRODUCT SHALL BE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE PERIOD STIPULATED UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY
IN NO EVENT WILL PLC Ltd BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, FAILURE TO REALIZE EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSSES OF ANY KIND, EVEN IF PLC Ltd HAS BEEN ADVISED, OR HAD REASON TO KNOW, OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE; (B) ANY LIABILITY ARISING IN TORT, WHETHER OR NOT ARISING OUT OF PLC Ltd’s NEGLIGENCE, AND ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES TO ANY PROPERTY OR FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR ECONOMIC LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY THE CONNECTION OF A PRODUCT TO ANY OTHER PRODUCT OR SYSTEM; AND (C) ANY DAMAGE OR INJURY ARISING FROM OR AS A RESULT OF MISUSE OR ABUSE, OR THE INCORRECT INSTALLATION, INTEGRATION OR OPERATION OF THE PRODUCT BY PERSONS NOT AUTHORIZED BY PLC Ltd
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
WHERE APPLICABLE LAW ALLOWS AND DOES NOT PROHIBIT OR LIMIT, PLC Ltd’s LIABILITY FOR ANYTHING RELATING TO THIS PRODUCT, EXCLUDING LIABILITY FOR BODILY INJURY OR DEATH SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE PRICE PAID FOR THE PRODUCT.
IF APPLICABLE LAW DOES NOT ALLOW AN EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, ON THE DURATION OF AN IMPLIED WARRANTY, OR ON THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION(S) OR EXCLUSION(S) WILL ONLY APPLY TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS. YOU MAY HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH WILL VARY FROM JURISDICTION TO JURISDICTION.